Monday, June 22, 2009

For this year's summer Solstice, I gathered the silver suns that I crafted five summers ago and finally turned them into necklaces! Of course I was wearing my favorite "sun mirror" pendant while doing so:


The first necklace I put together features a substantial chunk of fine silver (PMC) that I stamped with a sun tarot card pattern while it was wet clay. The bead dangling from the extender chain is a sunstone briolette. I'm wondering if I should add some more dangle beads near the card or leave it alone...


The second necklace that I finally finished features a sun with a dark tigereye face surrounded by eight moonstone cabs. I baked these stones in with the PMC! The beads in the chain portion of this necklace are raindbow moonstone and fossilzed whale bone:




Happy Summer, everyone!

2 comments:

Tubby Tabby's Jewelbox said...

Very nice, I tried working with the PMC, but wasnt very good at it, but you did a wonderful job!

Ethora said...

Thank you :)